Endoscopy is a way of looking inside your animal using a small flexible tube containing bundles of fibre-optic cables and has a camera at the end providing high quality images. We can examine the insides of your pet and also obtain samples in a minimally invasive way. Endoscopy is painless, but does require general anaesthesia in our patients.
Using the endoscope we can offer the following services:
- Bronchoscopy – used to visualise the lungs and airways
- Gastroscopy – used to examine the stomach and intestines
- Rhinoscopy – used to investigate nasal discharge, epistaxis or for the removal of a grass seed from up the nose!
- Foreign body removal – in some cases this can be used to retrieve objects from the stomach or intestines.
- Biopsies – in some cases this can be used instead of a surgical technique for example from the stomach, intestines or nasal passage.
We accept referrals in this field, for additional information, please do not hesitate to get in touch email@example.com