North Kent Canine Hydrotherapy
Our hydrotherapy suite is run by a team of fully qualified hydrotherapists, our team are: Louise Collins and Vinny Karnovski. Louise is a qualified hydrotherapist with a level 3 certificate in hydrotherapy and has 13 years experience. Vinny, along with being a certificate holder is also a registered veterinary nurse.
Our team’s nursing experience and knowledge, combined with their hydrotherapy qualifications allows them to individually plan each session to your pet’s specific requirements.
Hydrotherapy can benefit many conditions, a few of the most common conditions we help are:
- Pre and post-operative rehabilitation e.g. TPLO, Hip Replacement, Patella Luxation Surgery, Fracture Repair & Spinal Surgery.
- Hip & Elbow Dysplasia.
- Cruciate injuries.
- Spinal conditions.
- Degenerative myelopathy.
- For fun & fitness!
How can it help?
- Using the water buoyancy it helps to decrease pain and minimise the weight placed on the joints and muscles.
- Hydrostatic pressure within the water reduces oedema, general pain and soreness as well as decreasing swelling of post-operative areas.
- Increase sensory perception.
- Increase joint range of movement and progressing to increase muscle bulk, strength and tone.
- Prevent secondary complications as a result of gait abnormalities, limb disuse and muscle contracture.
Having the hydrotherapy facility on site at our Meopham Veterinary Hospital is hugely beneficial for client continuity as our patients no longer need to travel long distances for this complimentary therapy. You do not need to be registered with any of our Veterinary sites to use our hydrotherapy services. We do however require your Veterinary Surgeon’s consent in order to provide these sessions for your pet. Please ask your Vet to complete the referral form below or alternatively, we can email this form to your Veterinary Surgeon.
We are situated in North Kent and are easily accessible from both the M20 and the A2. Conveniently located on the A227 only 15 minutes from Gravesend, 25 minutes from Sevenoaks and 30 minutes from Maidstone.Hydrotherapy Referral Form
For more videos on how Hydrotherapy can benefit your pet, please visit our YouTube channel using the link below.Hydrotherapy Video
Enquiries can be made using our contact page, Meopham Veterinary Hospital phone number or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our hydrotherapy suite’s appointment times are: Monday – 10.15am – 7pm Thursday – 9.15am – 6pm Friday – 9.15am – 6pm Saturday – please call to discuss availability